Ehitustrust has developed and implemented quality, environmental, and health and safety management systems. The management systems have been certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001 by DNV GL.
The management systems implemented at Ehitustrust relate to general contracting, project management, and design management.
Our guiding principles
Trust in quality!
Construction activities managed by the professional team of Ehitustrust:
- comply with applicable legislation and agreed norms;
- are carried out in a safe and environmentally friendly manner;
- ensure a high-quality and timely final result in accordance with the client’s wishes and business plan.
To implement our guiding principles, we:
- establish the client’s wishes and expectations and always strive to exceed those expectations;
- adhere to applicable legislation, management system standards, and agreed regulatory requirements;
- offer innovative and environmentally friendly solutions to our clients;
- operate in an environmentally responsible way and use resources responsibly, taking into account the impact of our activities on the natural environment and the local community;
- provide a professional service, only involving reliable partners who share our way of thinking;
- continuously evaluate risks and opportunities, as well as make efforts to continually improve our organisation and make it greener, safer, and more efficient;
- encourage our employees to participate in professional training, as well as contribute to raising quality, environmental and occupational safety awareness;
- promote teamwork;
- provide our employees with a safe and secure work environment, as well as encourage them to share their thoughts on and contribute to improving security and safety;
- encourage our employees to report incidents, hazards, risks, and opportunities to prevent emergencies;
- understand and respect differences and treat all our employees equally, never discriminating against them based on their beliefs, opinions, race, gender, etc.
Our main goals:
- customer satisfaction,
- ensuring the agreed quality class,
- minimising defects during the warranty period,
- preventing damage to the environment,
- preventing accidents at work,
- preventing unequal treatment and bullying.